View Single Post
Old 05-20-2014, 08:00 AM
ghilis101
La Familia Delta

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: B-717 FO / C-17 AC

Originally Posted by Flycameron View Post
I was told at WAI that they will run an audit on the applications and if something is missing then all those apps will get a fix it email. The guy told me it wasn't good and wasn't bad just that they ran an audit. It seems like I know more guys that got the fix it email and didn't get an interview than did. Also if you get a internal LOR or go to a career fair it will get your application looked at but not an interview. Once they review your app it goes into a tier. So you might get a "fix it" because of an audit, a LOR or career fair but that only means the app was screened and then placed into a tier. Who knows how many tiers there are or what tier they are interviewing from right now, that is the question of the day? I also talked to the VP and he said Delta has 11,000 applications and only 8,000 meet their minimum requirements. Of the 8,000 apps they have gone through 1,000 of them. The only guys off the street that are getting interviews right now, are military or guys with a gpa of 3.8 or higher. It would appear that this is the tier 1 guys. I could be off a little on the gpa but does anyone know of anyone who has gotten a interview that had a gpa of less than that or wasn't military?
fwiw, when I met AK, he told me I was "Tier 2," possibly because I fly part 121 supplemental, possibly because im not an IP, not sure how they determine the tiers. And then I got the email for an interview 4 days later. It appears they're pulling from Tier 1 and Tier 2 right now.