Thread: UAL Pool-ies
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2014, 01:56 PM
MPAdriver
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2013
Position: The one with a great view.

Originally Posted by flythetube View Post
Congrats MPA!!! What an awesome surprise!!!

Interesting that your call had a caller ID - when they called me it came up "unknown" (same thing when they called me for the interview)

I'm wondering about the aircraft since I thought I was told 18 newhires but it sounds like 15 is the correct number as several others have been told. Maybe some furloughed pilots made a last minute decision to come back? (Or maybe I heard wrong). So if there are 12 737s and 6 76Ts, is that due to some recalled pilots not having chosen their equipment yet, but are confirmed to be in the class? So when we get to Denver there will probably be three less of some combination of the two?
I did not ask specifics...I was pretty much in shock I was even having the conversation at the moment. But he did confirm 15 New Hires to pick from 12 737s and 6 76Ts (also said I was very senior = old guy). I am "planning or hoping anyway" 737 if any one is wondering.

Caller ID - BK returned my call a couple weeks ago from Blocked Number, this call did come from an unblocked 303...not sure it means anything but just be on the look out for "Unknown Caller"/"Blocked"/"303"/"Holy crabapples UAL is calling".....o maybe that was my brain.