View Single Post
Old 05-21-2014, 05:17 AM
APC225
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2011

It may even go to the top.

The PETITION FOR WRIT OF CERTIORARI to the Supreme Court.

http://law.psu.edu/_file/Civil_Right...nt_Version.pdf

As a direct result of their military service and corresponding absence at work, Petitioners have been subjected to Respondent's continuous pattern of harassment directed at and based upon Petitioners' military service. As alleged in Petitioners' complaint, Respondent's harassing conduct and comments towards Petitioners have included the following:

1. Placing onerous restrictions on taking military leave and arbitrarily attempting to cancel military leave.

2. Respondent's disapproval and denial of military leave notices.

3. Phone calls to pilots' homes while off duty in order to question pilots about their military leave.

4. Comments by Respondent's managerial employees, such as:

� “If you guys take more than three or four days a month of military leave, you're just taking advantage of the system.”

� “We don't hire part-time pilots. Their first commitment is to CAL [Continental Airlines].”

� “I'm trying to run a business here, and if you're only available to me half the time, then I have to hire another half an em-ployee to make up for you.”

� “I used to be a Guard guy, so I know the scams you guys are running.”

� “Continental is your big boss, the Guard is your little boss.”

� “You don't do anything but protect the state of Michigan against the Canadians” in response to a Michigan Air National Guardsman's request for military leave.

� “You take too much military leave.”

� “Continental is not happy with many military reservists right now. Short notice orders and short notice requests screw up their staffing formula and any short notice issues (in some cases 50 days notice) will throw a monkey wrench in PBS [preferential bidding system].”

� “You need to choose between CAL and the Navy”

Last edited by APC225; 05-21-2014 at 05:46 AM.