View Single Post
Old 05-22-2014, 01:44 AM
Flyby1206
SDQ Base Chief

Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: 320 CA

Originally Posted by flyinpigg View Post
I guess we will have to agree to disagree. Why would Branson sell? Maybe if we still a financial loser? But other than tha why? I see us on a similar path as JetBlue, but who really knows.
As ShyGuy says below, Branson is barely more than a media spokesperson with a minority stake in the company. Additionally, he is getting old and I believe he is getting out of the global airline domination game. Virgin Atlantic is his baby, and he is teaming up with Delta for a North American partner.

Originally Posted by ShyGuy View Post
It may not be up to him under the current ownership American majority and post IPO. As for JetBlue, I also see them merging in the future. I think VX and JetBlue merging would be a good mix to better compete with the three larger legacies.
^^^^This

VX is heading down a similar path to jetblue, and those paths will combine eventually. Neither of us are strong enough to be serious competitors on our own, but a combination would at least be a good starting point.

I wish nothing but the best for the VX pilot group, good luck whatever the future holds.