View Single Post
Old 05-22-2014, 12:41 PM
rcfd13
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2009
Position: Another RJ FO

Originally Posted by kfahmi View Post
So if I was commuting SFO-ORD, given that those are both AA hubs, AA would seem like a good option, yes? And now that OO will be flying SFO-ORD, that would seem to make that commute a bit easier.

But you're not behind passengers, right? Since if the flight is completely full AND there is no other OO pilot wanting the JS, you get the JS in the cockpit, yes? Wait a minute...does an RJ even physically have a JS
The only plane I've been on without a jumpseat is a Beach 1900. If you're commuting SFO-ORD it's not going to be on RJs. They're all mainline 737s, A320s and 757s. Sometimes you'll get lucky and get a 777 on that route.

Skywest isn't going to fly SFO-ORD. That's hub to hub for both United and American which is prohibited by scope. It also pushes the limitations of what both the 700 and E175 could do range wise with a full load of passengers.

I used to take Virgin, AA and United in that order for my ORD-SFO and ORD-LAX commutes. Virgin is the best but only runs a couple of flights per day. AA treats their jumpseaters really well. United runs the most flights per day so I'd end up on United if that was the best option but I tried to avoid it.