Old 05-24-2014, 12:15 PM
John Carr
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2013

Originally Posted by Trent900 View Post
Very good point.

I was an RJ Captain and wanted to leave the regional industry. I had my sights on 2 Majors. But, being realistic, I applied elsewhere too. I was hired pretty quickly at a Major which wasn't in my top two list. I've been there over 7 years now. Considering the hiring hasn't been great at my target Airlines, I did the right thing at the time.

Having a "best or nothing attitude" could end up costing you.

Trent
Agree, seen it a few times with buddies;

#1, may never call
#2, interviewed, not selected
#3, interviewed, selected, in the pool, no idea when going to class
#4, interviewed and offered a class (seniority) ASAP.

Originally Posted by gloopy View Post
Not only that, but often times someone's second third or fourth choice for whatever reason can still end up being an excellent place to be. USAir once fully merged with AA will be an incredible place for today's new hire. It will probably be a much faster path to larger widebodies, a Captain's seat and many other benefits of advancement up the list.

How anyone could apply to one legacy and not all of them in environment is just silly.
Agree, it IS silly. Apply EVERYWHERE!!!!!

But it is/was funny to watch. I remember pre 9/11, guys going to FedEx/UPS, or SW and getting laughed at. Who's laughing now?

In 2007, I had multiple friends going to NW and being told they shouldn't go there. You simply NEVER know.