View Single Post
Old 05-25-2014, 09:24 PM
Flycameron
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2014

Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
The specifics of that are held pretty closely and only the HR folks and a few others know. The obvious things that come to mind are LORs (all you need is one) 121 PIC time, heavy time, qualifications (LCA etc), military time etc. What I do know though is that there are three tiers. A fix it letter does not mean that you will be called but only that your application was reviewed and put into one of the tiers.

So to be clear if your application was reviewed and placed into the most competitive tier you will get a call pretty quickly.

If your application was reviewed and placed into the least competitive tier you will be at the back of the list.

There are thousands of applications on file. The good thing about the "fix-it" e-mail is that your application was reviewed. I am not sure if your application can be scored into one of the three tiers until you make your corrections as requested.

Hope this answers some of your questions.

Good Luck!

Scoop
Really only three tiers? I can't imagine how 8,000 applications only fit into three tiers. I was told that once they put you into a tier, you can move around within the tier if you make changes to your app but can't be moved into another tier. I know that one guy on here said that AK told him that he was in tier 2 and he still got the interview and has a CJO. That just sounds crazy if they only have three tiers and they are already interviewing in tier 2. I know as of two weeks ago they have only reviewed 1100 of the 8000 apps on file. I was told that of the 8,000 apps only 600 have internal LOR's, not sure if that is true.

Does anyone know if it's true, that if you don't have any driving violations it's a bad thing? I read a gouge a while back about a guy that didn't have any violations and he claims he was not hired because DAL didn't believe him. I know AK has said that they don't worry unless you have more than 7 tickets but I'm not sure if they worry if you don't have any at all either?