Thread: Spirit of NKS
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2014, 04:16 PM
bruhaha
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2006

Originally Posted by FLYINGE View Post
I was talking to an FO that got hired recently and he told me that he got FLL straight out of training. And that Vegas seems to be the junior base. Can some of the pilots that got hired in the past 6 month share with us how soon after IOE they got a line and which base they got a line at? I am assuming Vegas would be the fastest base to get a line. And once a pilot gets a line, is it easy to get a line that is worth about 90 hours of pay or to build up to that?

I am asking all these questions because, first I have to take a pay cut to go to Spirit and I am trying plan a budget for that.
LAS is the senior FO base but junior CA base.

FLL is currently the junior FO base and the base which you'll hold a line the fastest at this point in time.

Once you hold a line, the lines aren't 90hr lines. They average anywhere between 73-77 hrs, so your best bet is to try a legality/contractual conflict and trade trips to get your line credit up to where you want. I see pilots that can get up over 100 hrs of pay credit using conflicts and trip/duty rigs.