Thread: Air Wisconsin
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2014, 09:07 AM
chucknorris
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2011

Originally Posted by FL451
I wouldn't put any stock in the rumor that 10 airplanes are being returned to the lease holder which is probably just a entity owned by the mystic six pack anyway.

Airways keeps asking AWAC to cover more flying BUT you can only do so much with 71 birds so I would say it is more likely that more AC show up on property.

I work here. I like it here and I have helped friends get jobs here. If you don't like it you can leave at anytime. Check your work rules, top tier health insurance, and 8% company 401K contribution at the door.
Ok, I'll bite. I haven't worked at AWAC for 5 years, happily at Jetblue. Let me tell you this... look at the industry. LOOK! When you work for an airline you get all google eyed about best case scenarios but really examine the industry and the fate of air wisconsin is plain as day. It will be done, kaput, 6 feet under, a goner, hasta la vista, dead as a doornail sooner rather then later. There is a chance that some semblance of the airline will be around in 5 years, but probably not. Something big, really big has to happen for them to remain at all relevant... think replace all 50 seats jets with embriars big, or CRJ-900... and then look and ask yourself do you see that happening at AWAC. You have 6 older men that own the company and made billions... why would they re-invest that money? The returns on regional jet flying are smaller then ever, they have no stock holders to pander to, so why do it?

When I was at AWAC I saw multiple united RFP's go up in smoke, the midwest RFP, and I'm sure countless others all failed. So next year when the leases start expiring what do you expect to happen? United MUST reduce 50 seat flying per the pilot contract in order to recieve more 70/90 seaters, American is capped, Delta certainly doesn't want them. They are un-economical aircraft that cost a lot to operate, and are being replaced ASAP. The contract and leases are expiring providing a no cost way for american to rid itself of aircraft it doesn't want.

This is no slam to the pilots, some of the best I have worked with, but stop seeing all the roses and look at the real future ahead.