View Single Post
Old 05-27-2014, 09:12 AM
White Cap
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2014
Position: B-767
Default 857 pages?

Man, there is no way I am going to read this all. I stop looking around page 171, so could someone please send me the cliff notes?

Seriously, after being clued in by my compadres at the CVG breakfast table (I never knew this thread was in Hiring News), I perused the last 50 pages or so, and I got to agree with the Captain. There is no such thing as instant gratification here, or really anywhere in life if one punches a clock for a living. I came here to Atlas after working as an expat at a hugely higher monthly salary. Atlas fits my lifestyle well, I get to return to my home every month, and the QOL is quite high. Can I make more at a legacy-yes. Can I spend more time at home at a legacy-yes. Is retirement better elsewhere-yes. The caveat is that nothing is static. United guys were living large in '99, not so much for the next ten years. The same can be said for many legacies. The point is that I am confident enough to hang my hat on Atlas for the future, and I will fight tooth and nail for a much better contract. If things go south, there are lots of opportunities overseas. Chasing some mythical dragon to riches in the airline business is fool's gold. Come to Atlas, keep your mouth closed and ears open, do your time as junior galley/gear monkey, and fight for your fellow co-workers. You may be pleasantly surprised in the future.