Thread: DAL Poolie Info
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2014, 06:00 PM
gloopy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2010
Position: window seat

Originally Posted by Flying Elvis View Post
I thought the earliest Short call could start on Day 1 was 10am?

I guess better question is, how does normal reserve rotation work? I know it's 6/7 shorts a month, but in a block, is it normally long call the first few days then a day or two of short?
Not even close.

They will do everything humanly possible to give you the earliest assignment on day one that they can. This gets you in position for your reserve block and gives them the most amount of coverage. Long call on day one is very, very rare in narrowbody categories when they are short. Unless you have an ultara high frequency commute or live in base, plan on commuting up early evening on your last day off almost every single time. Long call on day one is extremely rare, particularly if you are in the bottom 75% of the reserve list for the category. Long call fir the first few days in a row of a reserve block: forgetaboutit. Plan on a lot of 10AM day one short calls as well as proactively and agressively yellow slipping day one reports that are as late as possible on days that its obvious you're going to get something and there's something in the pot that works out better for you.

Most long call days will be either orphaned middle block days (more like partial days) or the last day if they can't fit a one day in there.