View Single Post
Old 05-14-2007, 07:14 AM
Vikz09
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2007
Position: M88 B

Well I will try to answer both questions. First I am coming from Air Wisconsin where i have been for the last 6 years. My qualifications are approx. 6000 total, 3200 jet (crj) and approx. 1350 jet-121 pic. I know another air willy pilot in the same class. I talked to my friend who is currently in the first new hire class, with the exception of the managment pilots that where hired before the current Northwest Interview board starting the new process. I know the current class has 6 outside pilots (2 former Airwilly guys) and 2 furloughed nwa pilots. He said the class is 8 pilots and they were told that they are running new hire classes every week which seems like alot of pilots before the july 11th class. xtreme i will private message you with my phone number.

As for the interview process it was very laid back. Everyone has a different rotation but my went as follows. First met with two retired nwa pilots and a compass hr person for the panel interview. then went to a 727 sim for standard airwork turns climbs etc. then to a hold for a holding pattern, no apprch.. The sim was non motion non-visual just instrument cross check. Then went and did a 70 or 75 question test that had mostly atp questions and a few questions that I have no idea what they were asking some weird things i never heard of. Hope this helps. 60.41 is the starting pay first year captain not sure about fo i think its appro. 23.00.

Not real crazy about the pay but i will not have to commute to the east coast anymore which is priceless for me.

Kevin