Thread: Skywest
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2014, 10:40 AM
NVUS
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2013

Originally Posted by saturn View Post
NVUS as a HDQ guy you have every right to feel competitive with other regionals. But as a pilot group we do not, because we are cheap outsourced labor. I would feel much happier to see that route structure cut 70% and flown by our major partners with a good 2000 of our pilots working there instead. The true way we as pilots "compete" is by increasing our compensation and work rules here, doing what we can to help our profession. AlaskaBound thinks SkyWest pilots are arrogant and kool-aid drinking company men who covet other regional's flying, (its mainline's). He is just lurking in anything SkyWest related to underscore this perception of his as truth. Dont feed the troll.
Where does it end? I fully agree that mainline should be flying routes line SFO/LAX. But SGU/SLC has always been a SkyWest route. Never a Delta route. Am I correct? So maybe when I see AlaskaBound in his E-175 flying between SGU and SLC, then I might truly give a damn. Until then, I just like having some fun. If I were a true "ape-hit" dispatcher (your words) then I would be spewing this over on the Compass thread (where you're falling for the flame bait over there). Also, lets just get this out of the way, I'm not a dispatcher, not that there's anything wrong with that.