View Single Post
Old 06-01-2014, 06:05 AM
SongMan
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2007
Position: Cessna 150 Left seat

Originally Posted by PilotGuy77 View Post
Great responses thank you! Good idea about the multi-IPC too!

I know many of you reading this are probably saying "why the heck would you leave your current job...."
But please let me tell you something that I did not understand in my prior 121years. I had it good. Really good. Maybe not money wise, but crew wise, environment and flying wise. I lived at my base and had great friends at the airport and local community. Things that would annoy me I actually miss!

A job becomes a job that is why we get paid. But in that pay comes a sense of self-worth and enjoyment, pride etc... I had that in the 121 world. Now flying a desk, I have the money but can't get out of bed in the morning with a smile. I loth it at times. We all work for the man but please if you are not happy in your current role as a pilot think for a second about what you have. If you can't see the value in your current role and can't get out of bed with the excitement you thought you would have while on IOE then think hard about what it would be like to sit in a windowless cube changing "this" to "that". My green grass syndrome (GGS) turned brown quickly and 4 sure was never as green as I thought it would be.

I know this has nothing to do with my initial question but it is free 20-20 hindsight!

Fly safe and hope to see you in the terminals.
Hi,

I appreciate that you are sharing your experience. I too am in situation where I make the decision of aviation or not. With that said, how many pilots get up each morning with excitement of going to work? Doesn't every career just become a job after several years. I have never worked at 121 so I don't know...perhaps pilots do actually do get up each morning with excitement.

Cheers!