Old 06-03-2014, 04:36 AM
Coach67
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2011

Originally Posted by airlinetrooper View Post
********(*** 756 captain)
Employee # ********

Eastern Airlines SCAB from DAY ONE in 1989

He was hired at Continental Airlines in 1997 through a lawsuit filed on behalf of ALPA to protect 200+ Eastern Air Lines pilots who lost their jobs while walking the picket line for 264 days, in an attempt to rid the airline industry of people like Frank Lorenzo, while at the same time Continental was stealing A-300s from Eastern. Unfortunately, since some SCABS were on the Eastern seniority list prior to March 04, 1989, ALPA was required to represent them as well.

As a former Eastern Airlines and Continental Airlines pilot, as well as a battle star recipient, it incenses me that ALPA allows such spineless individuals back into our (association) with open arms, requiring little or no reparations, and with complete amnesty. The most egregious error on the part of ALPA, is that they award such bad behavior by allowing such individuals to now wear a 25-year service pin on their ties. This means that they are recognized by our beloved (association) as long-term members, dating back to 1988, even though they are self-serving SCABS. When the pilots at Continental Airlines voted to decertify IACP in favor of ALPA, the SCABS (association) longevity should begin from that day forward, and given ZERO credit for the time they crossed our picket lines! The longevity pins should be reserved for those pilots at Continental and Eastern who made the morally correct decision in 1983 and 1989 to NOT cross the picket line.

My hat is once again off to ALPA for recognizing these SCABS as just "one of the guys" among the rest of us, who have respect for ourselves, along with our fellow pilots and their families. Does anybody remember when Mr. Prater was on the cover of ALPA Magazine a few years ago, doling out ALPA Pins to the Airtran (numerous EAL SCABS from Valujet)?

The next time you see a UAL pilot sans ALPA Pin on his or her tie, don't assume he or she is a SCAB, nor should you assume that a 25-year ALPA Pin wearer is deserving of your respect. It seems the union pin and SCAB pin are so very eerily similar.

Thanks for reading.
If you don't have a pin ... you won't get on my jumpseat, you won't get a hello and you won't get any respect.

Posting like these attempt to blur the lines. Yes there are scabs wearing pins but that's why there is a SCAB List. This is just another way to attempt to poorly justify not wearing a pin.

I hate all scabs but I have nothing but contempt for slick ties!

Last edited by UAL T38 Phlyer; 06-03-2014 at 05:36 AM. Reason: TOS in Quote