Thread: Ameriflight
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2014, 07:00 PM
USMCFLYR
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: FAA 'Flight Check'

Originally Posted by kimba View Post
This is a copy and paste from SW website today.

2 PIC for this purpose is defined as Captain/Aircraft Commander of record, not simply the sole manipulator of the controls. For military personnel, Southwest Airlines will allow flight time logged as "Pilot in Command" (PIC) only if you are the Captain/Aircraft Commander, Evaluator, or Instructor Pilot. Primary time will only be considered PIC on a specific aircraft after an individual upgrades to Aircraft Commander in the appropriate aircraft. Time logged as "Other Time" will not be considered.

If you read the whole thing, they consider Primary flight time only after you upgrade in the appropriate aircraft. I may be wrong but the way I see it is what I've been saying for days taking **** from everybody!
Turbine PIC that matters is when you upgrade, not when you are the pilot in command of your self!
OUCH! That was actually painful to read.

Yes - - your understanding of Southwest's requirements are wrong.
You misunderstand the details in the statement in the manner they are applied to applicants with a military background.

Edit: Sorry - someone else already pointed out the misunderstanding.
Btw - Great Lakes is rumored (known?) to be the worse paying P121 (and now partially P135) outfit out there and you are just building SIC time. Yes - for a time being I'd rather be buildnig TPIC time and making more money while waiting for that move to the regionals or other job to continue the trek to your ultimate goal in aviation.