View Single Post
Old 06-05-2014, 07:04 AM
4Green
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2009

Originally Posted by Rhino12 View Post
The problem is with our union who is 747 centric and it doesn't bother most of the pilots in the group. Solidarity?? Hard when there are two pilots - the 747 pilot group and the ones that wish they were on the 747 with junior guys behind them.
Okay, I can't let that stand..."the problem is with our union"...

It was "the union" that filed a Grievance that freed all 6 of the 767 FOs that were wrongly placed on the 767 when they started class last year. It was "the union" that fought for ALL six of them, even though only four could've held a 747 slot in their class seniority...

I was there...ask one of the six, it was "the union"...

Please call me...and I will tell you the story...I will prove to you how "the union" has taken steps to get both fleets represented.
You are assuming only four could have held it if EVERYONE else wanted the 744. We can never know what people would have bid bc we were never allowed to bid. Gave me a bad taste in my mouth from day 1. We were wronged by the company and the union righted it. Unfortunately a 747 to Anchorage was not enough to keep me at this company and there will be another open 767 slot this week. Best of luck to all. I've definitely enjoyed the crews, and checkairman at Atlas. The whole 767 process, not so much.