Old 06-07-2014, 07:36 AM
sulkair
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2009

Originally Posted by aviationdreams View Post
Hey everyone, here is my dilemma. When I was young and stupid I chose to smoke weed for the first time a month before I was going for my military MEPS screening, thinking I would be fine since I don't do any drugs. I ended up failing my drug screening and have never forgiven myself since. I am a private pilot with 100 hours of flight time and a business degree. I desperately want to start a career as a commercial pilot and start my training, but I don't know if that test I failed over 6 years ago for MEPS will hinder me from getting a job with the airlines once I achieve my 1500 hours. Will they find out or will it come up on a background check? Any thoughts or comments would be much appreciated, thank you.
They are never ever going to find that out - because they don't have the time or money to look that deep. First off you'll get hired by some crappy regional, who will do the bare minimum required by law to get you in the door, and then after a few to several years of 121 flying the Major you apply to is going to be concerned with criminal, and PRIA stuff.

As far as the American airline heart problem story - well that's a HEART problem, AND all those boys in the USAF know all those boys at American. Somebody told on somebody is my guess.