View Single Post
Old 06-08-2014, 02:24 PM
harrier1231
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2014

I went back to law school when our regional furloughed. I took a leave in trade for someone that would have been furlough. Law was something I had been interested in anyway.

After I graduated and took the state bar, I went back to the airline. I kept my seniority and longevity while I was gone. I was happy to be back for about two months, but had gotten used to making plans, being home, and having friends while out.

Also, it was really interesting to go from regional treatment to corporate treatment (at my internships) back to regional. It was night and day! There was no way I could stay after I knew what I knew. I was very picky with leaving. I didn't have to rush it since I had a paycheck. I was hired at one of my first picks as an aviation attorney. They loved that I had real life background.

I love what I do now. It's tough work. My brain is exhausted by noon. I work very hard, but I love it. And the way the firm treats me is beyond compare. I still can't get used to being treated like a colleague, like a professional. I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop, but it never does.