View Single Post
Old 06-11-2014, 09:39 PM
Ludicrous Speed
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2012

Originally Posted by Cubdriver View Post
Welcome Boxed Foods- interesting screen name, thinking about tv dinners maybe? You sound like a candidate for an online degree in something besides flying. I would suggest suggest seeing a career counselor about it, and while you are there ask for the Myers Briggs inventory. The Briggs is a non-judgmental test that determines basic personality traits and your career counselor should be able to give you a list of jobs that match with your personality. Money will be an issue, so look for in-state tuition which is much cheaper. Looks like you need to stick with the flying for a while though until your new career plan is hatched. Ideally you could use your advanced flying skill to get a job in airport management or some other extension of pilot experience. Good luck, you are not the first person who found the pot of gold strongly resembles a pot of lemons in many ways. No need to do something you do not like, but you will need to pay your dues for the next career.
While I think that the rest of Cubdriver's post is sound, Myers Briggs is a load of bull excrement and doesn't determine jack poop. Don't make any decisions based on this psychobabble. Plenty of folks have successfully chosen their life's path without it. However, don't take my word for it. Take such claims at face value and question everything. Just do a little research on your own and you might find that you won't buy it.