Old 06-12-2014, 04:34 PM
JETUPANDGO
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2009

30-45k to start for a pilot with zero jet experience doesn't seem ridiculous. Sending a pilot for SIC types cost us roughly 15k at FlightSafety, how is that worthless?

New hire Pilots are welcome to pay the additional 3k at the initial for a PIC. Pilots that are working out will get the PIC at recurrent.

Meals and Hotel are expensed. We ask that you don't get Surf and turf, but eat normally. IHOP for breakfast, Applebee's for lunch, and outback for dinner is usually sufficient. When in Aspen the choices are limited, everything is still expensed.

99% of the pilots I know like getting the rewards from their credit cards, hotel rewards, etc. Pilots also get to keep the fuel rewards, even though the company pays for the fuel. I understand that some companies try to slow roll the expense checks, but that's not our practice.

The on demand gig is not for everyone, but for some pilots it's a huge opportunity. I'm trying to give honest answers to not so nice questioning.

I did write that our Captains have been with us a long time and a couple of them started out as FO's. Maybe the job is not that bad.

I have received a bunch of resumes so I must not be that far off.