Thread: Nice job JTBLU!
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2014, 06:15 PM
ShyGuy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2005

Originally Posted by gloopy View Post
Do you know all the details? What if they allowed it and the plane had to stop suddenly and the kid cartwheeled down the isle and got hurt? They'd be suing to the high heavens dragging JB through court calling them baby killers.

Is it OK to make a kid pee in the seat? Yes or no?

Its just not that simple.

In any case, like I said, even if this was the worst case as implied, and most cases aren't even close, then all we have is one example in a billion man hours of dealing with this kind of thing every day. If its just an unfortunate accident in a common operating environment where sometimes people have to stay seated, and sometimes things like this are inevitably going to happen, then I really hope no one gets paid from this. I'm sure because it made the news its an automatic 6 figure pay day though.

Either way, the JETBLUE MAKES KIDS PEE/POOP THEMSELVES BECAUSE THEY ARE MEAN EVIL CHILD HATERS rhetoric victim card playing crap is just. played. out.
When the seatbelt sign is on, as long as the FA conveys that the sign is on and that a passenger should be seated, the airline is legally covered if a passenger then falls or is injured in turbulence. I've always thought the FA job should be to notify the pax, not force them into a seat when they have to go to the bathroom. This sounds yet again like a FA power trip. I've had quite a few times during taxi out/in that hte FA calls and says someone just got up and rushed into the bathroom. We say ok and stop. It's an inconvenience but it is what it is.

In the words of Ian Malcolm from Jurassic Park, "When you gotta go, you gotta go..."