Thread: Air Wisconsin
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2014, 06:46 AM
IFLYACRJ
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2011
Position: If I tell you, I'd have to kill you
Default Air Wisconsin

Despite the fact you have some Kool Aid drinkers here, let's put that aside for a moment. My advice would be to come to training 100% focused and committed to successfully, at any airline,completing training. I wouldn't worry too much about what to do on weekends and days off as I would worry more about studying and focus on learning the systems of the airplane. Nothing wrong with taking in a ball game if the home team is in town. Can't study 24/7 and taking breaks is healthy. Bring xtra change and go and buy laundry detergent and static dryer sheets as all hotels have washers and dryers.
This is just me, but do what you feel is best for you, I wouldn't worry about running home on the weekends. It's best to stay there and not worry about outside problems and drama we have in our lives.
The fewer outside distractions, the better chances of success and no hinderance. Training can be stressful. So why make it anymore stressful than what it already is?
Show that you want to learn and are willing to prepare. Nothing ****es an instructor off more than anything than coming to a training event unprepared. This is not only for AWAC, but for everywhere else.
Just my $.02