View Single Post
Old 06-15-2014, 04:49 PM
ClarenceOver
Banned

Joined APC: Nov 2013

[QUOTE=OnCenterline;1665303]What they all said.

One of the problems is that if you want to move on, you have to move up, which means bidding aggressively with regards to upgrades, which means that you may never really get to enjoy the benefits of your seniority. The mistake too many make is staying put because they like their schedules.

I don't see this as a mistake.

If you want to move up to make it to a major, you have do make the schedule sacrifices.

I'm good.

Once you do get to a major, there may be 12,000 pilots there.

About 99 percent of the pilots working for Republic want to leave. I wonder how quickly i will move up the list if they get what they want.

You will be a fair ways from "good" seniority and "good" schedules as most people define them, but you can also coast along as an FO if you wish. If you have married well, you will also have more flexibility to drop trips. If you are the breadwinner...not so much!

Curious what you are insinuating here. If you are paid a 75 hour gurantee for not flying on reserve versus flying 100 hours a month on the line how much difference in money are we talking? I am seriously asking if anybody has the figures.

It depends on what you want. Some hate working weekends. I prefer it. Whether or not you commute will affect your schedule and your outlook.

I choose to not commute so reserve is almost tolerable at a regional airline.

You are wise to ask these questions now....

What he said. I am not trying to argue. Just trying to show there are two sides to the coin and this is the route i choose to take. I don't quite understand why everyone is deadset on a major. If you want to make tons of money or have a family to support by all means do it. But being young and single and only 1 mouth to feed i think 60-100k will work out just fine for me. Sorry on centerline. Didn't mean to dissect your post. Just wanted to take advantage of it.