View Single Post
Old 06-16-2014, 06:50 AM
ghilis101
La Familia Delta

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: B-717 FO / C-17 AC

Originally Posted by dtwlandlord View Post
Spoke with a dl FO the other day who told me that initial training on the ER is probably the most difficult in the fleet due to the international ops. Someone else once told me the ER was like having to learn 4 different airplanes. After being a silent daily reader on these Delta threads for the past several months, my 7/7 classdate is approaching, and I'm torn between the ER possibility, and a more reasonable choice of the 717 or bus, which would possibly offer me a smoother training transition from my current equipment. Any comments?

I'll see you in class! Please take the ER and leave the airbus for me please . I guess it all depends on your frame of reference. Ive spent the last 7 years flying internationally in a Boeing, I would skate through 7ER training. Ironically, I will initially struggle with domestic ops in a narrowbody flying multiple legs with really short turns, my head will be on fire, but you'd find that to be extremely easy since youre good at it. With that being said, I wouldn't NOT bid the 7ER because of international ops, you can learn that stuff in a week, and a couple trips on OE will take care of everything. I'd be more concerned with how junior youre going to be on the 7ER with no possibility of holding a line in sight. You will definitely get a line within months on the 717 or the airbus. My buddy is 2 months off OE with a line on the bus in ny, 2 weekends off, 16 days off. Summer lines are an anomaly of course, but still, you wont be seeing that on the ER.