View Single Post
Old 06-16-2014, 11:00 AM
Denny Crane
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2008
Position: Kickin’ Back

Originally Posted by dtwlandlord View Post
Spoke with a dl FO the other day who told me that initial training on the ER is probably the most difficult in the fleet due to the international ops. Someone else once told me the ER was like having to learn 4 different airplanes. After being a silent daily reader on these Delta threads for the past several months, my 7/7 classdate is approaching, and I'm torn between the ER possibility, and a more reasonable choice of the 717 or bus, which would possibly offer me a smoother training transition from my current equipment. Any comments?
Here is a different perspective from a previous Boeing guy who absolutely loves the 75/767. I think you might really want to consider going to the A320 and here is why.

IMO Delta is seriously trending towards buying Airbus aircraft for the future. And they will be around for a long time. Look at the last couple of orders. We are now getting 45 (?) 321's and 10 new 330's. There is a wide body RFP out now and if Airbus does make a 330 neo, I think that's what Delta will go for (mostly). If not I think Airbus will make a better deal on the 350. I do think the order will be split but I also think it will be in Airbus's favor.

Whatever you decide you will be pleasantly surprised because they are all good! Good Luck!

Denny