Line Holder
GearMover
Line Holder
close
  • Joined APC
    Oct 2009
  • Position
    A-320
Quote: So another FO standing bid came out today, this time for 7 FOs in PHX, only 3 in CLT. I've been hearing rumors that PSA will be taking more of the CLT flying while Mesa starts more PHX flying, replacing Skywest in PHX (no flamebait here, just saying what I've heard).

Anyone heard if this might be true, and if so, could that already be starting? I know Mesa will need guys in PHX to cover the new LAX flying.
I think the short answer is simply: Upgrades.

The rest of the rumors, in my opinion, has some truth behind them. PSA has 30(?) 900's coming in the next year plus. There isn't a lot of space left in CLT. PSA's planes are new NEXTGEN aircraft. Mesa has kept their new aircraft in PHX because they don't fit well at the gates (wingspan with the new winglets). It doesn't seem to be a smart idea to fly all of PSA's out of non-hub bases so a few of Mesa's planes would have to go for the PSA planes in CLT.

Mesa has not hid the fact they really want the west coast flying back and are willing to do what ever US/American asks. That might help them secure more west coast flying. Who knows what will happen next. I'm sure we will find out for sure at the last minute.........can you say Miami?????