View Single Post
Old 06-21-2014, 08:04 AM
USMCFLYR
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: FAA 'Flight Check'

Originally Posted by Aviator89 View Post
So im guessing king air 350 since we are talking prop with a type rating? Some others but this is most common. What jet? Check out the link to the 2014 pro pilot survey. If half the flying is jet half is prop id say I wouldnt take anything less than "average" for captain of the higher paying aircraft. (B350 is higher paying than many light jets, on average) Again, this is just a survey and not set in stone. Also, if you had two pilots, and now one. Then id say your pay should double if your flying just doubled. But if they used to do say 400 a year total. And now just 200 in each aircraft. Then at minimum, you should be paid the captain salary average for the higher paying aircraft, per the survey. Cost of living in the area, and other factors also then need be considered to add to that.

http://www.airlinepilotforums.com/co...ary-study.html
So if the flying is doubled then the pay should be doubled, but if the flying is cut in half the pay isn't cut in half?

Sounds good if not a little bias from a pilot's perspective (and not it tune with the reality of how the world works I'd guess - though I admit I'm not a corporate guy)

If he is salaried then the flying may go up and it may go down but that is the nature of t he business and he should be happy that it is solid and not dependent on actual hours. If he is a contract per hour/day, then the amount of flying would have an impact on the bottom dollar.