View Single Post
Old 06-22-2014, 04:31 AM
superjet100
New Hire

Joined APC: Jun 2014
Question Best books on flying ?!

Hello!

Can you give me advice, please?

What are the best books, videos or other sources of information that will help me to understand everything from how a plane flies, to ATC procedures, to weather, etc... and the rest of theory in a simple manner? My goal is to improve my english as much as I can for about a year and a half by studying and reading everything that flight instrucotrs teaching people in pilot ground schools. God willingly I will save some cash by that time, sell eveyrthing I got right now and apply to U.S. flight school.

I'm 25 right now and that's the dream of my life to change my career and become a professional pilot before it's too late. 30 is almost a deadline to start a commerical pilot career here in Russia because of companies policy and politics. I also forced to get Russian airline pilot degree and diploma to get a job in a company - that's another 1,5 year. The only reason I want to travel to U.S. because I can get PPL/CPL license in 1 year that I can validate over here and get very mild medical check. If you have PPL/CPL license from a list of flight schools approved by our air transport agency your medical check will be cuted to 6-7 tests compare to those who attend to get their license in Russian flight school. Medical check in Russia is the biggest nightmare of all working pilots and it's nothing like in the U.S. You should pass thru dozen of checks and tests to extend your licnese for next year.

Now I need to put all of my time and effort to make my dream become true.

I would be very grateful for any feedback you could might be able to give me on my plan!

Last edited by superjet100; 06-22-2014 at 04:51 AM.