Thread: Trans States
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2014, 08:31 AM
stormchaser11
On Reserve

Joined APC: Aug 2011

Originally Posted by Jvw700 View Post
You're missing one thing..... The company stated that they never said they'd comair us but that it was mentioned to try and prove to us that we had to vote for the concessions or they could find an airline to staff the airplanes... Our union took that as a big threat and in my opinion may have exaggerated it a bit to make a statement! Word is they're back in talks for the remainder of the 175's... Who knows where it will lead but we knew they'd have to place the initial aircraft somewhere for credibility. Again we are in a completely different hiring environment and the way AAG is spending money on recruitment programs and other things leads me to believe that we aren't going anywhere.... We will and are shrinking no doubt... I have heard that they want us around 2000 pilots which is way down from the 3200 we had 2 years ago.

The merger I had mentioned will most likely come in the form of buying another regional or merging us or PSA or piedmont as staffing woes become worse...
Correct. Plus, we just signed a new long term lease for a new training center. Trust me...the Real Eagle will be the place to go by the end of the year!