View Single Post
Old 06-25-2014, 06:15 AM
Airhoss
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: Sleeping in the black swan’s nest.

Originally Posted by John2375 View Post
Anyone here have experience with Era? What is their training program like? better/worse than run-of-the-mill regionals down here? I ask because I have several friends who've made it at a couple different regionals, and several who've been "asked to resign" before the check-ride - all of them have said (and these are at different regionals) that the training was shoddy at best; that they were rushed and not given sufficient sim time to feel comfortable.
The 1900 is a big step up for some folks who've only flown light slow GA stuff. Inevitably some of these folks are going to have issues with the transition. But that doesn't mean that you are going to have issues. Go into training with a positive can do attitude, an open mind and a won't/can't fail confident mindset and you'll do fine. In the past I have been an instructor for a major airline. I could always work with a guy who was having troubles but had a positive attitude. I don't work well with a bad attitude. Most of the folks I've seen fail had no confidence and a poor attitude.