View Single Post
Old 06-26-2014, 08:50 AM
tsquare
No longer cares

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: 767er Captain

Originally Posted by Bucking Bar View Post
Yes, but, longevity where? It is all Delta.

I started at ASA in 1999 and hired in at Delta in 2007. There were ASA rampers, managers and gate agents who followed exactly my career path. Their longevity date is 1999. Mine is 2007. The only difference is that pilots are treated differently than ALL other employee groups.

So my EtD Jumpseater is promised a Delta job. He has already interviewed and already been given the job. It is his. What is his longevity date when he transfers to Delta?

His Chief Pilot is Barry Wilbur. What is his longevity date? What about when he transfers back to Delta?

What if the Endeavor pilot gets time off for cause? What is his longevity date then? If he has employment rights at Delta, who represents him? What about a Delta pilot who flows down? Could a disagreement with an Endeavor manager cost a Delta pilot his job?

This whole "pregnant but not really pregnant" issue is nonsense and on the face of it, unfair.

I don't care about how rampers and flight attendants figure seniority. You don't either, because we ARE different.

All that other stuff you are railing about is minutae that will have to be worked out between dALPA and management. And I couldn't care less about Barry Wilbur.

Longevity pay would start when you stepped foot inside the DAL training center with a DAL badge. In simplest terms.