View Single Post
Old 06-27-2014, 07:03 PM
Whalefr8
On Reserve

Joined APC: Sep 2006

Originally Posted by CandlerKid View Post
Because they way I read the contract, it doesn't require a back up flight. If we are going to sign something saying we need a back up flight thsn that is a concession in most eyes. Am I interpreting this rumor wrong? I'm not in the know or the union like you guys obviously are.
Suggest you read 6.A.6.f

If the Company cannot comply with subsection 6.A.6.a.(i). as a result of a labor dispute, weather or flight cancellations, or compliance would result in a Crewmember being illegal to perform a duty assignment, receiving less than twelve (12) hours of rest prior to an operating or deadhead segment or booked on the last flight of the day, the Company shall schedule Gateway Travel in accordance with the descending order provisions of subsection 6.A.6.a. unless one or more of the conditions referred to herein makes it impossible to do so. In such a case, the Company remains obligated to arrange for Gateway Travel in accordance with subsection 6.A.3.b.

Additionally, Gateway is voluntary. The company says they are buying the ticket, you need 10 hours of pre-duty rest, and they want you to get it - and they CAN dictate "which" flight you take. They do so often. They find the cheapest one they can - which may or may not be the one you want. What is the difference if it is NOT the last flight of the day?

Don't like it? - JUMPSEAT! That is always your right. The ExCo has told me they are negotiating some restrictions to the back up flight needed - but it is a discussion at this point, nothing else. When there is definitive information, you will know.