Old 06-29-2014, 04:49 PM
ZBowFlyz
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Left

Originally Posted by deltajuliet View Post
Thanks for all the info! It's tremendously helpful. My David Clarks give me a headache after a while (David Clamps), but maybe I can get away with them for a while then. I'm also learning about "TSO approved," do you know if David Clarks are?

Since you mention the carrier could make a difference, it's Mesa. Would they go through potential luggage discount information during Indoc?

I hadn't even considered uniform. Is that ever provided or is it the pilot's responsibility? How many shirts does a pilot typically need?

Thank you again.
They will most likely cover all of that in indoc. And it might be a good idea to wait on the LW until class because they are expensive and the discount is handy. Usually part of one of the first days of class you'll go get measured by the uniform lady. Or at least they will hand you a form to fill out in indoc with your size.

I take 2, sometimes 3 shirts on a 4 day trip and 2 pants. I also have a toiletry kit that never leaves my roller board. Same with phone chargers and all that. It just keeps me from forgetting stuff when I leave the house. I'm rockin' the same DC's that I did my first solo in back in 2001. So they work in the CRJ.

You might want to look into the Ebag coolers. They fit perfect on the LW's and they have a zip out liner so when you spill something its an easy clean up.

Welcome to the Regionals! I agree with everything the poster said above.