View Single Post
Old 06-29-2014, 11:06 PM
Waggs
Line Holder

Joined APC: Nov 2013

Originally Posted by Rickybobby135 View Post
Waggs,
Do you have any idea or way to figure out which tier you ended up? I also botched putting my high school info and I will be separating from the AF in Sep. My availability is yesterday and I am a 3,900 TT 1,500 IP in a Tanker, Global and Texan. Scratching my head if I wound up in a throw away pile. That update came on 26 May and was fixed the same day. Any clue when all the astronauts, legacy folks and the average white male will get another email? Just curious if you have broken any more of the code.
RB
I don't know anything more than what most on here have put out and what the Delta folks put out at the WAI conference.

-Make sure your application is "perfect." It's their only way of knowing you. No date gaps, all your education, formal schools, volunteerism, etc.
-When they need to do interviews, the computer pulls applications based on parameters set by HR. if your app gets pulled, it's then hand scored by a pilot and an HR rep. Supposedly the scores are usually very similar. (There might be some parts that aren't exactly right - can anyone confirm this?)
-Your app is then placed into one of three tiers. They're, or at least were, conducting interviews from the top tier only. This may have changed since it seems a few more slightly less than "Chuck Yeager/John Glenn" types are getting interviews. In other words, more normal types, at least if you're military.

To answer your question, I guess the only way to know which tier you're in is if you get an interview or not, but at that point it doesn't matter since you got the interview!

Also, after your app's been scored and, let's say, it was garbage and you got put in the bottom tier. You've since made it awesome, I have no clue how long it takes for them to get back around to you to re-score it.