View Single Post
Old 07-02-2014, 04:22 AM
FlynChick
Left Seat

Joined APC: Jan 2007
Position: With wings going from A to B

Originally Posted by hockeypilot44 View Post
I'm sorry, but if I made a mistake 28 years ago, I'm not even sure I would put it on the application. I would get a full copy of my FAA records. If it's not in there, this violation wouldn't go on my application. 28 years is a long time. How do you even remember that far back?
I wouldn't follow that advice. They go through your application line by line having you initial any changes. The interview panel may look on you more unfavorably with that big a change because you didn't self disclose. Besides, you can do programs/seminars to have a DUI removed from your drivers record, but there will always be a history connected with it since when you first get a DUI, multiple agencies are notified. A coworker did one such program, hoping to hide it from the FAA within the 30 day period (his 2nd DUI) . The FAA took away all his licenses and after a year, he was eligible to take all his practical exams again. The point.... They still know. Somehow.

When I interviewed, I disclosed the one traffic ticket I had on record. When they asked if that was all, I admitted to a speeding ticket from 10 years prior that wasn't on any of my records because it was out of state. They still make me "pencil it in" the printed application and initial. With something this big on the line, don't lie.