View Single Post
Old 07-02-2014, 04:48 AM
Tony Clifton
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2014

Originally Posted by rfw22 View Post
Congratulations! I hope it works out well for you.
Thanks! It's a shame the hiring process takes so long at jetBlue. If they had offered me a class even just a couple of weeks ago I would have taken it and never looked back. Even a guarantee of "you are definitely in a hiring 'pool' awaiting a class date" might have made a difference.

My new job starts at what looks like around 7th year A320 F/O pay and has some very nice benefits as well as scheduled hard days off (somewhat of a rarity in corporate aviation). Hard to pass that up with no guarantee from Jetblue. Over the course of my career there might very well have been more money it for me at jetBlue (once I upgraded there) but being a bit older and already flushed from one defunct 121 "career" job, there is certainly some appeal to me for making more money up front rather than waiting for a bigger return down the road. There were some other extenuating circumstances affecting my decision as well (ie. This job will require a move but will put me within an hour of my family/wife's family). I have flown both 121 and corporate over the years and enjoy and appreciate that advantages of each. It was a tough decision - it will definitely be one of those "look back 20 years from now to see if I made the right decision" things.