View Single Post
Old 07-03-2014, 11:27 AM
Bucking Bar
Can't abide NAI

Joined APC: Jun 2007
Position: Douglas Aerospace post production Flight Test & Work Around Engineering bulletin dissembler

Originally Posted by MikeF16 View Post
Whenever I have to play dress-up I'd been wearing a pair of burgandy lawyer shoes I bought for internship interviews back in 1991. some web page said I shouldn't wear burgandy for a real job interview so I got some black ones (fortunately said web page said burgandy are ok with an olive suit, to think i might have been making fashion errors all these years, oh the horror...)
Try having an office gig with a 04:30 get up. You try not to wake the family so you get dressed in the dark. It's dark when you get in your car and arrive at your office. You turn on the lights and fire up the presentation to check all is ready for the 09:00 show to the big Boss, then look down and notice that yes, you are wearing one Burgundy and the other Black shoe.

Now you know why I am a pilot.

This was about a week after I asked the lunch room; "who picked all this ugly a** seafoam green, it's even in our jet?" Our CEO let me know it was his wife's favorite color ... .