Old 07-05-2014, 12:16 PM
ghilis101
La Familia Delta

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: B-717 FO / C-17 AC

Originally Posted by OrionFE View Post
So what did you do about it?
He went to Delta and I followed suit, im 2 classes behind him.

The flying and layovers can be fun with the right crew and location. I always loved HKG, ANC, and even Delhi believe it or not. Seeing the Taj Mahal was one of the greatest experiences in my life, but I couldn't have done it without a great outgoing crew. Ive also hiked up the Hollywood sign during a LAX layover, taken a high speed ferry to Macau, rode the maglev in Shanghai, rode bikes downtown in Amsterdam, ran trails in Germany etc and all have been with great crews. Unfortunately never saw Australia but that's could be coming soon in a future contract for you guys.

What youre going to dislike is being forced to sit reserve in places like CVG when you know youre not needed, youre a few days from being off, and scheduling wont let you go home early just to spite you. Its the needless hostility that rains down from above that will frustrate you. And be careful about going home on your own while youre still on days on, you can be drug tested in your reserve location, and a "no show" to the testing facility is just as bad as testing positive on your record.