Thread: Tool of the day
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2014, 07:51 AM
gloopy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2010
Position: window seat

Originally Posted by cencal83406 View Post
I was with you until the last part. A private business censoring discussion is not even close to analogous to government doing so though. I always laugh when I see people complaining on web forums that their First Amendment rights are violated by the moderators.
I'm not saying its illegal or unconstitutional. IB has the right to do it if they want to, and ppl will go elsewhere if they don't like it. I'm just saying its futile, extremely misguided (except in the extreme cases like I exemplified) and, honestly, somewhat pathetic.

We're big boys and girls, and we work in one of the most politically effected career fields there is. And its not just limited to specific aviation legislation. Our dependance on foreign energy and the effects of large wars (just to name some) effect us far more than the vast majority of other occupations, so theres (they'res? theirs?) many issues that are fair game. Trying to have a broad based forum that attempts to scrub "politics" in general is pretty weaksauce. I don't think we need to be babysat to that degree just to honor the extreme sensibilities of the intelelctual lightweights that can't handle anything "political". Forum rules aside, they picked the wrong field if that's how fragile they are.