Old 02-10-2006, 04:58 PM
SkyHigh
Self Employed.

Joined APC: May 2005
Position: Corporate Pilot
Default Highest paid ?

Originally Posted by Jason4275
A Story I herd from another airline pilot

You bust you ass at flight school, to learn to fly, so did another guy you were tranning with, he have a High School Diploma You have a BS, you both get hired by the same company, but get paid the same wages, even though you had your private pilot licence and a few hours added before you train to become and airline pilot.

Is it possible to be in it just for the money like some Doctors, now I know doctors are different from pilots because they get pay more to start and they rank#1 as the higest paying carrer job in the usa.

Just want to know since being a Pilot is in the top 10 of the higest paying jobs in America and the top 5 of the most dangerous jobs, and most people like myself love to fly and want to make a carrer out of it, how is it possible for people who are going to make a carrer from flying to be in it just for the money. Thousands of Flight Hours, Master Degree, Connection
To say that pilots are the higest paid is like saying that Actors are highly paid. A few are doing well but the vast majority are starving. Stay away if you are in it for the money.

SkyHigh