Thread: Eights on Pylon
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2014, 04:13 PM
Mistek89
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2013
Default Eights on Pylon

Just looking for some reply's or advice i should say. I took my cfi check ride yesterday had a lovely 10 hour oral. I took a discontinuance and the flight is next week. However my inspector didn't like my presentation of eights on pylons. In my presentation I said we calculate an initial pa based on our tas in a no wind environment. However since we have a wind today we use gs2/11.3 to get our pa. So then i proceeded to show where we will be the fastest/ highest/ and slowest/ lowest. I guess this is all wrong because he said gs doesn't change in the maneuver because if done correctly your speed remains the same because when you climb in the maneuver your gs decreases and when you descend your gs increases therefor gs remains the same so you never have a highest or lowest point was his theory. Everywhere you look it is taught using gs that's how i did my commercial as well and now its some kind of big issue. Not really sure how to go about doing this maneuver in the air now since i have always done it based on gs.