View Single Post
Old 07-13-2014, 09:15 AM
Skyone
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2005
Position: B777 Left

GE, you make some sound points. I don't agree, but your arguments in theory are right. And probably a discussion about ALPA's effectiveness belongs under another subject heading.

My major point is....throughout a 25 year ALPA career and being a representative and being on several national committees and chairmanship of committees at the carrier, I NEVER saw National do anything like they are now. The pilots that have struck in the past made the sacrifice, but it was usually local. Perhaps ALPA has finally awakened and will attempt to protect all members. But the cynic in me believes otherwise. Just like welcoming back the strike breakers at EAL and CAL into the fold. Can I get all my assessment money back from the 80s?

But let's not even attempt to justify how ALPA "protected" the pensions of retired pilots from UAL, USA, and DAL. Crickets, brother, crickets. Ask Moak about how he protected the pensions at DAL when he was MEC chair.

So GE, no fight for me these days and appreciate the fire in your belly about what potentially might affect your career. Just keep one eye open WRT new found union chest beating.