View Single Post
Old 07-13-2014, 09:38 AM
seafeye
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: Hot tub for now

Well i do have several emails telling me that there will be classes in the future. Never at any time did i mention that i wasn't available at a moments notice. After i got the pool letter i was very excited and saw light at the end of the tunnel as my escape route out of the regionals. I've called and left messages and never heard a peep back. When i got the letter, i made some serious mistakes like, sold stock and sold personal items so i could be in a great position for the 50% pay cut. Even had the wife excited about me being gone 17 days.
Then the call never came. Atlas still interviewed. They still put those that interviewed after me in classes. I get it, that is their choice and discretion.
But it doesn't soften the blow when you organize your life and make financial choices because of a "Potential Offer". I'd still like to go to Atlas, but to say i don't have resentment would be a lie. I will call again, but i expect to be ignored. A rejection letter would have been a better letter to get than a "congrats, don't call us, we will call you".