View Single Post
Old 07-14-2014, 04:54 AM
cadetdrivr
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2010

Originally Posted by unitedflyier View Post
Did the new seniority and junior man list at each base and equipt come out recently?

I'm a twice furloughed and now vol furloughed pilot trying to figure out what I can hold and when and if it is worth coming back.

Can someone PM with the list so I can see it. Also if I come back can I only bid what the new hire class has on offer or can I bid what I can hold and what about seat locks.

I've been out of the loop for years so I have no information on anything.
If you are 2x furloughed I'm gonna assume you are on furlough bypass. This is a technically important distinction.

A furloughed pilot, including one who was recalled but bypassed, returns to whatever is offered in the recall/new-hire class.

A pilot who took an official voluntary furlough, and was not subsequently involuntarily furloughed, returns to his/her prior base/equipment/seat. If that BES no longer exists that pilot can bump into anything they can hold on the junior man list.

Unlike in the past, a pilot on any sort of furlough has access to the full UA intranet so you can log on and see everything. Also, with the UPA there is not a seat lock if you move UP an aircraft group so one could, for example, receive EWR 737 and then immediately bid 767 in a different base if a lateral in the 737 is not available. The old freeze is dropped and only the 2 year training freeze from the new bid is carried forward.

Be very cautious with the junior man chart as things have not quite settled out after the SLI and the company's realignments. There are some bases that might look good on paper but there simply have not been any bids available to get there. In addition to the junior man chart, look at the fleet rosters for your desired base to figure out your actual % in that BES for a more realistic picture.

Last edited by cadetdrivr; 07-14-2014 at 05:10 AM.