View Single Post
Old 07-14-2014, 10:20 AM
PeezDog
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2010
Position: CRJ

Originally Posted by Nevets View Post
Why is it that when the ASA MEC acts in the best interest of their constituents, it's ok. But when the XJT MEC does the same, the other side takes it personal? The XJT MEC feels like smartpref is in their pilots best interest. The ASA MEC feels that flight line is. It's not personal. The agreement spells out the process to get to a single PBS. And now the ASA MEC doesn't want to abide by that agreement. My understanding is that ASA people will now be part of the negotiations, as allowed in the T&PA. So I don't see they as a problem going forward anymore. The ASA MEC agrees to abide by the Process Agreement for Interim and Single PBS and the XJT MEC will have ASA people be part of the smartpref negotiations. So what's the problem?
The problem is its against the agreement to do that. Number two, your MEC going behind our MECs back hurts both of us bc you're negotiating on something that the other party has no say on that directly affects us. It weakens our negotiating power when the two sides are making separate deals. I have no problem with your MEC testing out different software, but I do have a problem with your MEC cutting us out of negotiations.