View Single Post
Old 07-15-2014, 11:15 PM
androidkmb
New Hire

Joined APC: Apr 2014
Post SKYTRAX's world best airlines 2014

Yesterday was the big day for the aviation industry as the Skytrax's World Airline Awards - The largest award in aviation industry took place. This event happened on the 15 July 2014 at Farnborough International Airshow.

Here are my opinions.

World's Top 10 best airlines 2014 was selected. The top 3 winners are:
1. Cathay Pacific Airways
2. Qatar Airways
3. Singapore Airlines

There's been much speculation about Cathay being awarded the Airline of the Year. IMO, I think Singapore Airlines and Qatar are slightly better.

Last week, I flew with Cathay Pacific. The flight was from Hong Kong to Taipei on Business Class. Flight was on time, smooth, good boarding and service, efficient cabin staff and the inflight service manager served us chocolates which was a nice touch! Seats were old but comfortable. AVOD screens quite small and dark, hard to see the picture. Catering was up to standard. Enjoying experience for me!

Top 10 best airlines can be viewed here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rO9uoc65LMU

Have you ever flown on these world top 10 airlines? How do you think of the award-winning airlines this year? I would love to hear your experience. It's worthwhile to share your enjoyable/awful experience here Let's share and discuss on this issue. If you are pilots of these top 10 airlines, I would love to hear your working experiences too!