Thread: jetBlue Hiring
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2014, 03:39 AM
Beechnut58
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2013
Position: 190 FO

Originally Posted by Kellwolf View Post
Green. There are SUBTLE differences between the Green and Blue plans, but for 85-90% of it, they're the same. Major differences are meds count towards your deductible on the Blue, BUT if you have one family member that has a major issue, then you'll have to hit the FAMILY deductible for the co-insurance to kick in. Under the Green, if it's one person, then they only have to hit the INDIVIDUAL deductible for co-insurance to kick in for them. This has saved me a few thousand dollars in the past couple of years, but it's probably not something many will run into. Other differences between the two are the HSA and the FSA stuff which is gonna vary wildly depending on family circumstances. Blue monthly premiums are higher as well.

Orange? It's too damn expensive for what you get to even ponder it. I'm surprised it's even still an option. I was under the impression they were ditching it.

401k stuff? No clue. I'm sadly deficient in the retirement area, but I've become very familiar with the health care plans we've got over here in the past 12-18 months.....
When I came through training in March the orange plan was not an option when we signed up for benefits.