View Single Post
Old 07-18-2014, 04:18 AM
alfaromeo
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2008

Originally Posted by 80ktsClamp View Post
Feeling a bit condescending-y tonight, eh?

I thought the deal was sub par to where it needed to be. I set standards to where I felt it should be, and it came in below in every area. It was not an emotional vote for me.

Just under half agreed with me and just over half felt it was good enough.

How's that?
So you say this:

2 times 37 is 62? Good math, alfa!
and then I'm the condescend-y one. Okay, I guess you are feeling a little "I can dish it out but I can't take it"-y.

Look, I don't deny you the right to vote the way you did. You pay your dues and you get your vote. The problem is that the majority of pilots disagreed and now the forum crowd says it is not democratic. In other words, I get my vote, but your vote doesn't count because you voted differently from me. That is my problem. Can't people just say, "I lost the vote" and then move on instead of creating these phony conspiracies and lame plots about how democracy was thwarted.

Each pilot got to review the deal completely. They made their votes. Your vote counted just as much as mine did. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, move on. Claiming the rules were rigged afterwards doesn't do anyone any good. The rules were set by democratic vote in the first place. Apparently that's not good enough for some who lost the vote.