Thread: Any "Latest & Greatest" about Delta?

TheManager , 07-18-2014 11:55 AM
Gets Weekends Off
TheManager
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Jan 2010
Quote: I think we might be in good shape here. I think UCAL pay-rates go to 2016 and 2017 and lag us by about a year, so their current contract will eventually surpasses our 2015 pay-rates
Not familiar with UCAL

Quote:
AMR has the snap up to the average of DAL and UCAL and maybe someone else?
They will already surpass us in January 2015. By January 2017, they surpass our A330 A's by $40 per hour.

Quote:
USAIR is no longer pulling down the weighted average pay.

SWA is the big wildcard - it would be nice to see them get a big increase and pull everyone else up.
They are mired currently in negotiations. This is the true bell weather to watch.

Gary wants PBS. Delta got it in BK for essentially free. SWAPA pilots want a considerable pay raise for it. Gary says there is no $.

Pilots rightly are pointing to savings from PBS as well as revenue lost at the check-in counter vis a vis bag fees.

They are not budging on PBS without considerable pay increases as they will keep trips touching for now, thank you very much.

Fred Smith having same issue at FDX. Wants PBS. Doesn't want to pay up for it as DAL didn't. Then his service failures started happening and now he is changing his tune.

Quote:
FWIW - at the LAX 16 meeting the above was basically alluded to - any increase in our compensation would greatly influence the compensation of our competition. This could help us out quite a bit.

Scoop
Is the captain rep feeding this bull crap, again? I'd think the FO rep has enough intelligence to not publicly state that, but then again...

Regardless, think about it. Put your RA hat on. He would never do such a thing for the reason given.